And I will give them one heart and one way, so that they may go on in the worship of me for ever, for their good and the good of their children after them. Jeremiah 32:39
Easter is a significant time for many of us. If anyone has questions or wants to talk more about anything you’ve heard here today please let me or one of the elders know. There is also a link on the website for those viewing over the Internet. May God bless your growth in Spirit and Christian life. Amen.
We welcome you and would consider it an honor and privilege if you would choose to worship with us at Piedmont Presbyterian Church. If we can be of service to you in any way, please contact us.
We are part of a small, friendly, rural community located in Mineral County, West Virginia. Most Sunday mornings you will find a traditional church service with a few contemporary additions. We welcome folks of all denominations to join us! Our church is a member of the Shenandoah Presbytery of the PCUSA. Our pastor is Tom Forbes.
2016 Church Calendar of Events
May 8th - Mother's Day Presentation during worship
May 15th - Presbyterian Womens' Birthday Celebration - Dinner after worship in the Fellowship Hall
May 29th - Last Day of Sunday School until Fall
June 5th - Outdoor Worship Service and Picnic at Westernport Creekside Park
June 19th - Father's Day Presentation during Worship by Presbyterian Women
August 7th - Outdoor Worship Service and Picnic at Piedmont Pool Pavilion
May 15th is Pentecost. Don't forget to wear your red!
TEN THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT PENTECOST
1. Pentecost Sunday marks the day when the Holy Spirit descended upon the Apostles.
2. Pentecost Sunday occurs 50 days after Easter.
3. The Bible records the Pentecost in Acts 2:1-13.
4. Pentecost comes 10 days after the Ascension of Jesus Christ.
5. Pentecost is also known as "the birthday of the Church".
6. Pentecost fulfills Jesus' promise to send the "Counselor" and "Spirit of Truth" in John 16-5-15.
7. Pentecost launches the large-scale spreading of the Gospel after Jesus' ascension. Acts 2:41 records that after Peter spoke to the crowd after receiving the Holy Spirit, some 3,000 people were baptized.
8. The Pentecostal movement derives its name from the New Testament event in Acts 2.
9. Jews also celebrate Pentecost, but not for the same reason as Christians. The celebration by Jews of Pentecost is to observe God giving the Ten Commandments on Mount Sinai 50 days after the Exodus. The Pentecost in Jewish tradition takes place 50 days after Passover.
10. In Western Churches, Pentecost is usually represented with the color red, which symbolizes the fire of the Holy Spirit.
We have updated our Church Events Page with a handy calendar that you can use to stay up to date with church events. Thanks to Debbie, Laurie, and Tom for keeping our Google Church Calendar updated and current.
Please join us Sunday, April 17th at 5:00 PM for a dinner and hymn sing featuring the reknown Don Stephens! You can even print your own flyer and post it for the event. This is our third one and it is really a wonderful time. Thank you for spreading the news.
We are still accepting applications if you would like a planter in the Piedmont Presbyterian Community Garden. You can find this application here at the Piedmont Presbyterian Community Garden Webpage. We will be updating this page periodically so be sure to bookmark it and check back to see the new news in regards to the wonderful new community garden we are starting this year!
Spring planting is just around the corner and are very excited to see the interest in this so far! If you have anything you would like to know about our Garden Initiative that you cannot find on the Community Garden Webpage be sure to send us an email.
The Food Pantry is in continual need of non-perishable food items especially now as they prepare for the Thanksgiving holiday. Items such as dried beans, rice, jelly, spaghetti, spaghetti sauce, cereal, canned vegetables, canned fruit, pastas, peanut butter, mashed potatoes, gravy, noodles, yams, chicken broth, stuffing, cake mixes, icing, etc. are in need. The first Sunday of each month is designated as Food Pantry Collection Sunday. Please remember this special offering as the holidays are fast approaching. Monetary Donations may also be made by check payable to "Piedmont Presbyterian Church" and designated as "Food Pantry."
The Food Pantry is also in need of your plastic shopping bags and larger boxes so they can assemble the food donations.
|Piedmont Presbyterian Church||63 Ashfield St.||Piedmont, WV 26750|